Science, Math, and Reading Training Schools (SMARTS) Leadership Institute
- Develop Teacher Leaders who model effective, research-supported practices for colleagues and parents.
- Introduce and model research-based assessment and instructional practices that integrate science, math and literacy to improve learning for young children and English Learners at home and in school settings.
- Develop collaboration among PreK-K teacher leaders, parents, administrators, and university researchers to gain administrative support for implementation of the PreK-K model and possible continuation of successful, research-supported practices after NSF funding ends.
Each participant submitted evidence in an organized binder to demonstrate completion of the following components of the Individual Leadership Expectations:
- Two Student Portfolios
- Two Lessons Integrating Science, Math, Literacy
- Two Collaborative Leadership Presentations: One for colleagues and one for parents
- Science, Math Professional Development beyond PreK/K institute
- One Leadership Team Action Plan